The Secret WeaponHow would you like to know every time one of your past clients is looking to get a new mortgage… automatically? In this episode, you’ll see a super stealth tool that Carl is setting up in his own branch that is just way too cool for him not to share it with you. Carl White interviews James Borden, a Mortgage Client Retention Strategist from RetainYourClient.com. James details his solution for not letting any past clients slip through the cracks to help you become their lender for life! Here’s a taste of what Carl and James discuss in this episode:
- A clever way to stay in front of your past clients
- Scripts for recapturing past clients
- How to get a 30%-60% conversion rate when following up with past clients
- The importance of brand recognition in the mortgage industry
- Why avoiding making phone calls will cost you in the long run
How to Jump-Start Your Career as a Brand New LO
As a brand new LO, breaking into the mortgage biz can be a daunting and sometimes downright frustrating endeavor – What do you do first? How do you get the “in” you’re looking for with a company? How do you set yourself apart from all the other newbies trying to break into the biz?
On the flip side – Branch managers are constantly faced with the decision to hire seasoned LOs or newbies fresh out the gate. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but knowing what those are and how to prepare for them is the key to building a profitable branch.
On the next #1 rated podcast for LOs, Frank Garay from The National Real Estate Post and Carl White discuss this ins and outs of breaking into the Mortgage Biz as brand new LO and give you an inside look from a Branch Manager’s perceptive when it comes to acquiring and hiring new talent!
Here’s a taste of what Carl and Frank discuss in this episode:
- How to break into the biz as a brand new LO
- Building a foundation to gain an advantage over the competition
- The pros and cons of hiring seasoned LOs vs newbies
- Training newbies – putting in the time to see results
- Having “skin in the game” to build for the future
Check out Frank’s New Loan Officer University NewLoanOfficerU.com
Top Producing LO Shares His Success Secrets with Craig Bland
On the next #1 rated podcast for LOs, you’ll get an inside look at what Craig Bland’s team did to catapult their business forward and secure a steady stream of referrals rolling in. Craig dives into the ins and outs of his business model and shares helpful tidbits that you can immediately plug into your business to see even more success!
Here’s a taste of what Carl and Craig discuss in this episode:
- How to free up your time and avoid getting caught in the minutia
- Crucial roles for team building and business growth
- The art of letting go and adapting a new mindset
- Scripting for new clients and delegating 1003s
- How to build relationships with agents – the dos and dont’s
“Fishing for Whales” – How to Approach Working with Top Agents
When it comes to working with tops agents, why is it that some LOs successfully build solid referral partner relationships while others can’t seem to get a foot in the door?
In this episode of the #1 rated podcast for LOs, Carl White and Ralph Watkins show you a “behind the scenes” look at what they do to not only build relationships with top agents, but ensure they get consistent referrals from them time after time!
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
• How to qualify agents for optimal results
• Tips for building relationships that produce referrals
• The mindset behind overcoming the fear of rejection
• Co-marketing with agents — when is it a good match?
• The 3 actions that create a loyalty dynamic with top agents
How to Use Systems & Automation to get a Massive Footprint Fast
Did you know that in the average loan process there are 115 steps? That’s 115 i’s to dot and t’s to cross, and that’s just for one file!
With so many moving parts, systems and automation become a key factor for creating a seamless flow from file to file, and help…
- Your loans close on time, or even early! (#1 thing agents want from a lender)
- Ensure your clients and agents get amazing communication throughout the loan process. (#2 thing agents want from a lender)
In this episode of the #1 podcast for LOs, Carl White and Mike Gulitz dive into:
- The #1 thing that holds most LOs back: Reactive Mode vs. Proactive Mode (02:52)
- Creating Systems and Automation that support continual growth (10:35)
- Building for the future — key elements for taking your business to the next level (28:39)
Step 1: See Demo of Jungo Here
Step 2: After Demo (or if you already have Jungo) schedule strategy session to go over scripts here: LoanOfficerStrategyCall.com
Closing Even More Loans in Even Less Time
Do you dread walking into the office every morning because you know as soon as you take a step inside, the floodgates will open, and you’ll spend the majority of your day just trying to stay afloat?
It doesn’t have to be that way.
In this episode of the #1 Podcast for LOs, you’ll learn an easy, yet powerful exercise that’ll help you de-clutter your workload to hone in on the activities that you actually LIKE to do (and have a knack for) all while closing even more loans!
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll learn in this episode:
• An exercise to fine-tune your work day – The Ax of Freedom
• Designing the business you’ve always wanted
• Hiring strategies for your current needs
• The mindset behind growing a successful business
• “Front of the line pass” script to use with agents and clients
Want to discover how to overcome the in-house lender when you’re not it?
In this episode of the #1 Podcast for LOs, Ralph Watkins and Carl White map out how to approach a real estate office – that already has an in-house lender – so that you get most of their referrals.
Here’s a breakdown of what Carl and Ralph cover in this episode:
• Solutions for bypassing the “gatekeeper” (AKA receptionist)
• How to find the top agents in any real estate office
• Carl’s script for the classic line: “I already have an in-house lender that I work with.”
• The 3 things all agents are looking for when working with an LO
• Why “Sweet Water Well” marketing is the key to building relationships
If you’re an in-house lender, don’t worry, we’ve got your back too! You’ll see how to capitalize on your inside advantage, and it’s easy… (25:26)
How To Close Even MORE Loans With Rising Rates
In this episode of the #1 podcast for LO’s you will discover specific “How To’s”.
How to set yourself apart from other loan officers during times of rising rates so that you still get even more loans coming in.
1. Strategies for answering the classic question of “What’s your rate?” (04:21)
2. The one question you must always ask agents when you have that 1st meeting with them that will help you get that first referral from them. (18:04)
3. How to answer your client when they ask “Should I float or lock?” (20:39)
(get this one right, you’re a hero, get it wrong and it could be a disaster…)
Here is the link the Barry and Carl give to get your Free Gift
“No Stings Attached” mbshighway.com/t/freedomclub
Attracting Top Agents
There are 4 stages to attracting top agents
Knowing the stages is the easy part, but knowing the action steps within each stage is what will set you apart from all the other LO’s knocking on the top producers’ doors.
In this episode, we’re joined by industry expert Ralph Watkins, who will guide us through the ins and outs of each stage, explore the benefits of having a comprehensive plan in place, and link together the importance of making small tweaks in your approach to see epic results.
Go here to listen right now at: (Get it on iTunes here or Download it here)
Here’s a glance at what Carl and Ralph discuss in this episode:
- The 4 stages to attract top agents
- How to develop relationships into results
- Fine-tuning your mindset for success
- How to categorize top agents into 3 specific groups
- Coffee meetings – making the right impression & topics to avoid
- And much more!!
The 3 Freedoms
Gaining control of these three areas of your business isn’t just some mirage in the distance; it’s a completely attainable goal that’s essential to finding the freedom you deserve in your business.
In this episode, we’re joined by my very good friend and Freedom Club coach, Ralph Watkins. Ralph and I break down the specifics to creating freedom within your business to give you a new perspective on what success really looks like.
Here’s a glance at what Carl and Ralph discuss in this episode:
- 3 types of Freedom: Time, Financial, and Relationship
- Creating balance by setting new standards
- The key to creating a sustainable business
- The importance of having an abundance mentality
- Applying Parkinson’s Law to increase productivity
- And much more!!
You can close MORE loans while working LESS hours
Want to see how it’s done?
In this episode, we’re joined by Darren Copeland, one of my personal clients out of Kansas City, Missouri. After joining The Freedom Club and putting in place the strategies and systems we teach, Darren saw a 400% increase in his business. Not only is Darren closing a steady stream of loans each month, but he’s doing it while working a 35 hour work week!
Here’s a sampling of some of what Carl and Darren discuss in this episode:
- The importance of letting go to move forward
- The Daily Success Plan (DSP)
- Team structure and responsibilities
- Darren’s Plug and Play System
- The key to building genuine relationships with agents
- And much more!!
Getting rid of the craziness…
When it comes to hiring an assistant, these are the three most common excuses I hear from LO’s:
1. “I only close 10 (or less) a year now. I can’t afford to hire an assistant.”
2. “My company won’t hire an assistant for me until I close X amount of loans a month.”
3. “An assistant would be nice, but I can manage on my own.”
Here’s the thing – No matter where you’re at in your business, you need help. Honestly, you can’t afford to NOT have help.
On a consistent basis with the loan officers I coach, I see their businesses double within 12 months (usually way less than that) from hiring a talented assistant who frees them up to concentrate on high pay-off activities to secure a constant flow of business.
In this episode, we brought back my good friend and Freedom Club coach, Ralph Watkins. Ralph has a knack for finding and utilizing assistants, and he’s here to walk us through the entire process!
Here’s a sampling of some of what Carl and Ralph discuss in this episode:
- The mindset for successful team building
- How to close more loans while working less
- A list of tasks your assistant should do
- Investing ahead to create continual growth
- How to establish an accountability dynamic
- And much more!!
Beware the LO Roller Coaster…
Do you have a month where you’re on fire and closing an amazing amount of loans, and then the next month the number of loans you close drops drastically and you can’t figure out why?
If that sounds like you, chances are you’re on what we like to call the “loan officer roller coaster.” In other words, you bring in new business, and then get stuck in the minutia of the loan process which takes you away from doing the activities that brought in the loans during the month you were on fire and smashing it.
It’s easier than you think to unbuckle your seatbelt and get off of the “loan officer roller coaster,” but there are specific exercises and steps to take to create clarity and stability within in your business. To chat about how to do just that, we’re joined by Ralph Watkins who specializes in coaching loan professionals around the country on this exact topic!
These Things May Be Holding You Back From Closing More Loans
Do you find yourself stuck at a plateau of 5 loans a month, or perhaps 10 loans per month, or maybe you have been stuck at 15 loans per month and you are ready to bust through to the next level?
In this episode, you’ll see those things that may have been holding you back for the mortgage business you truly deserve.
If you have questions about this topic, set up a free strategy call with one of our coaches at loanofficerfreedom.com/strategycallrequest